Isaiah 38:21 – For Isaiah had said, Let them take a lump of figs, and lay [it] for a plaster upon the boil, and he shall recover.
Figs are an amazing fruit. I planted a fig tree in my back yard 3 years ago and I am amazed by the way it survives the harsh winters here in southwest PA. My fig tree started producing figs the very first year and every year it gets bigger with more delicious fruit. There is no comparison to eating fresh figs straight from the tree.
Health benefits of figs:
Internal use of figs :
1. Prevent cancer
Coumarin content of the figs, may also reduce the risk of Prostate Cancer. Eating figs regularly can help reduce the risk of breast cancer and colon cancer.
2. Reduce cholesterol
The soluble fiber found in figs called Pectin helps in reducing blood cholesterol.
3. Prevent high blood pressure and heart attack
The content of Potassium, Omega 3 and Omega 6 on fig fruit helps to maintain blood pressure and coronary heart attacks.
4. Help cure diabetes
Figs leaves have healing properties. Decoction of fig leaves can help patients with diabetes reduces the amount of insulin intake.
5. Consuming figs can reduce fatigue, improve brain memory and prevent anemia.
6. Because of the laxative effect, consuming the fruit is very helpful for treating chronic constipation.
7. Daily consumption of figs is an effective drug for the treatment of hemorrhoids cure.
8. Figs are rich in calcium and calcium is an excellent alternative for the therapeutic treatment of people who are allergic to dairy products.
9. Figs are rich in natural Benzaldehyde as Phenol and Anti-Tumor Agent and Micro-organisms can kill pathogens, fungus and virus in the human body.
10. Fig fruit is rich in dietary fiber, which makes them very effective for weight loss program (Obesity).
11. Content of Calcium and Potassium in figs prevent bone thinning (osteoporosis), and helps to increase bone density.
12. Content of Tryptophan in figs, induces good sleep and helps get rid of sleep disorders such as insomnia.
13. Figs are known to prevent and cure sexual impotency.
External use of figs:
1. When applied to the skin, baked figs can cure inflammations like abscesses and ulcers.
2. Due to its high water content, mashed figs acts as an excellent skin cleanser and helps in preventing and curing acne.
3. Cut a fig in half and place on boils, bumps and other skin abnormalities.
4. Application of fig paste on the face helps to transport important nutrients into the dermal layers of the skin to replenish it from within. Take some fresh figs and process them in a mixer with 1 tablespoon of yoghurt to make a fine paste. Apply this all over the face and massage you skin gently with it for a few minutes. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water. If you cannot find fresh figs then soak some dried figs overnight and blend them to form a smooth paste.
5. Not just the flesh, the peels of figs too contain active enzyme which act as an exfoliator to clear the dead cell debris from the skin. All you need to do is wash and clean the peels, and scrub the skin with the inside of the peel for flawless and smooth skin.
A tea made from fresh fig leaves lowers insulin levels. Individuals with diabetes should take the fig leaf remedy with breakfast to receive full benefits throughout the day. The fig leaf remedy also protects cardiovascular health by lowering triglyceride levels in the bloodstream. Other reported benefits of fig leaf tea includes lowering blood pressure.
You can make stuffed fig leaves, wrap fig leaves around fish for grilling and drop into your favorite soup for an interesting flavor. For more fig recipes got to the figfest website. Who centers whole celebrations around cooking figs and their leaves.
Thank You for visiting. Hope this helps.
Until later your friend Bill